We are currently scheduling PSE HELP appointments only. Due to limited funding, LIHEAP is only available for Emergency Appointments of clients with disconnect or shut off notices.  Clients can apply for PSE HELP without additional documentation or proof of income by scheduling an appointment here or directly via pse.com.

List of Documents You Will Need

We will need the documents below. Your specialist can help you figure out which ones will work best for you during your appointment.

The 3 types of required documentation are proof of identity, proof of address, and proof of income.

  • First, you must provide identification for all household members. For each adult in the household, we require proof of social security number. Current Photo ID showing date of birth is required for the primary applicant and recommend for other adults in the household. Examples of proof of social security number include social security card or verification letter from the Social Security Administration. Examples of Photo ID include Drivers' License, State ID, passport, or Military ID. Identification for all children in the household is also required. Examples include social security card, birth certificate, or passport.
  • Second, you must provide proof of address. This should be your most recent energy bill. If your name is not on the energy bill, you should bring an additional document with your name and residence address.
  • Third, each adult in the household must bring proof of their income for the 3 calendar months prior to the month of the appointment. For example, if your appointment is in January, you must bring proof of income for October, November, and December. If any household member is employed, they must provide all paystubs with pay dates during the 3 month verification period. If any household member collects Social Security, SSI, TANF, GAU, Veterans' Benefits, or pension income they must provide a current award letter. We also require documentation for any unemployment, child support, dividends, cash gifts, self-employment, rental income, or any other type of income not listed here. If any adult household member has collected no income during the 3 month verification period, they will need to complete and sign a Declaration of No Income form. This form can be found on Hopelink's website and/or your specialist will provide you a copy to fill out at your appointment. Additional information about required documentation can be found on Hopelink's website at hopelink.org/energy.

For Self Employed income, please provide business ledgers or business bank statements listing gross income. If you have business expenses, you can choose to accept a standard $100 deduction each month or you will need to bring the receipts or bank statements. These must show the description of the expense, the date, and the amount in order for the expense to be deducted from gross income. Hopelink's energy assistance program cannot deduct everything that can be deducted on taxes. Tax forms are not acceptable as proof of self employed income or expenses.

Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.


Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.

Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time by calling our automated phone system at (425) 658-2592 and following the instructions.

 Scheduling Tips and Additional Info - Click Here